| These boots are made for walkin' and that's just what they'll do |
I went to Holiday Sports in Burlington, WA for my first go at gear shopping. After multiple funny looks from a couple guys who watched me haul my giant boot box and bright yellow jacket and rain pants around the store, it didn't take long for one of them to ask, "What are you doing with all that, lady??" I stopped, a giant grin stretched across my face and excitedly explained, "I'm headed up to Alaska to go commercial fishing!" The look on their faces was pretty priceless and I'm not going to lie, the shock value of it all gets me every time ;) April 20th (D day) will be here before I know it and there is still so much to do! I find myself in the same boat (hehe) on the daily lately... checking things off of my list as I go and I am in aw at the fact that the calender keeps getting shorter and shorter. For now though, I'm going to set the pen down, let the packing wait and get in as much time with my family and friends (and maybe a few glasses of vino) as possible. Because even though 5 months is not a long time in comparison to some, I have a feeling 5 months on the ocean is going to be a different story.

No comments:
Post a Comment